Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2010

Cooking, diving, ...





On Wednesday I took a cooking class with 8 other students. There was "Colombo de poulet" at the cook`s house. She showed us the vegetables and the herbs and washed them. We men peeled potatoes; some women chopped the vegetables.

Then she fried 10 marinated chicken legs and added the vegetables, the herbs and the marinade. 20 minutes later we were invited to eat, hmmm!

Next afternoon I dived for the first time on Guadeloupe. My diving teacher Annabelle led me to a fishing boat which was sunk near our coast years ago. Unfortunately, only rests of the deck and the rail were to be seen.

Besides, we discovered a suitcase fish in a cave and 2 spiny lobsters under a rock projection, as well as many colourful fish. Back at the beach the boss invited us to a Coco punch.

On Saturday I had lunch with John in the fish restaurant “Au board de la mer”. We sat beside an aquarium. He reported with poems in the Viennese dialect and I told him about my children and my newborn granddaughter. Suddenly the landlord grabbed a spiny lobster and got them from the aquarium. It moved her feelers so violently that I was shocked.

Afterwards we enjoyed the marvellous weather on the beach.

On Sunday it was raining for the first time the whole day long. Finally, I came to an end with „Hard-boiled wonderland and the end of the world“ from Haruki Marukami. It was very exciting like all his books and very special.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Follower